RPN Webinar: Saving the Planet, One Paper Towel At a Time: Responsible Janitorial Tissue & Towel Purchasing - 12/5/12 11am-12:30pm PST
Choices we make about paper towel and tissue purchases can protect forests and water quality as well as reduce energy consumption and pollution. Join the Responsible Purchasing Network for a webinar on responsible paper towel and tissue sourcing – to separate fact from "pulp fiction."
Representatives from World Wildlife Fund, Conservatree, the City of Santa Monica, and RPN will discuss key issues and practical solutions to help institutional purchasers identify greener paper towel and tissue products.
This webinar covered:
- Overview of tissue production impacts
- Paper “hotspots”: what global forest region is most threatened by timber harvest for tissue and towel products?
- Market overview of environmentally preferable janitorial tissue products
- Recommended specifications to promote source reduction, recycled content, chlorine free bleaching, and sustainable virgin fiber sourcing
- Making sense of the range of environmental certifications available for tissue and towel products
- Case study: City of Santa Monica: implementing a responsible tissue and towel sourcing program
- Linda Walker, Global Forest & Trade Network Manager, World Wildlife Fund
- Susan Kinsella, Executive Director, Conservatree and Senior Research Analyst, RPN
- Karl Bruskotter, Environmental Programs Analyst, City of Santa Monica
- Alicia Culver, Executive Director, RPN (moderator)
Watch the webinar at http://www.responsiblepurchasing.org/webinars.