RPN Webinar: New Member Orientation Featuring Green Products That Save Money - Sept 19, 2012
Whether you are a new RPN member or thinking about becoming a member, check out RPN's orientation webinar plus a discussion on green products that save money.
We discussed all of the sustainable procurement resources available to RPN members and some basic strategies to get you started such as creating an environmentally preferable purchasing (EPP) policy, setting up an effective green purchasing program, and prioritizing contracts that are likely to yield environmental and economic benefits.
This webinar covered:
- An introduction to green purchasing and how to avoid greenwashing
- How green products can save money - upfront and over time
- Case studies of jurisdictions that have saved money by choosing products that last longer, lower utility bills, or reduce maintenance costs
- Best practices for lowering the upfront costs of green products and negotiating agreements that offer "the best value"
- An overview of RPN member benefits
- How to use RPN’s website and resources effectively
This webinar featured:
- Alicia Culver, Responsible Purchasing Network
- Kelly Panciera, Responsible Purchasing Network