Webinar on Biobased Products Now Available Online
July 05, 2012
Hosted by the Sustainable Biomaterials Collaborative, Responsible Purchasing Network, and USDA BioPreferred Program, this live webinar explores biobased products procurement. Learn from experts how U.S. federal laws and regulations create demand for biobased products, including the very recent Presidential Memorandum. View existing purchasing specs for compostable food serviceware to see what questions purchasers should ask to find the most environmentally preferable choices. And hear from a government procurer about the variety of biobased products they purchase and how they balance their environmental wants with performance needs.
This webinar covered:
This webinar featured:
- How the USDA BioPreferred Program is driving federal and private markets For biobased products
- Purchasing specifications for compostable food serviceware
- King County’s use of biobased products in everyday operations
Watch the webinar at http://www.responsiblepurchasing.org/webinars/.
- Ron Buckhalt, USDA BioPreferred Program
- Alicia Culver, Responsible Purchasing Network
- Karen Hamilton, King County
Return to News Listing