This comprehensive Webinar is geared to both experienced "green" purchasers and those just getting started and covered important aspects of a successful food service ware program from an environmental purchasing perspective, and explained how to conduct product performance testing. It will provided detailed purchasing specifications, useful resources, and successful case studies. Compostable food service ware includes biobased bowls, cups, plates, clamshells, and cutlery.
The Webinar covered:
- An introduction to compostable biobased food service ware
- An overview of the importance of sustainable biomass feedstocks, toxic-free additives, and compostability
- A description of recently created purchasing specifications (BioSpecs) for this product category
- A summary of important certifications and other useful resources for purchasers
- How to prepare for and conduct product performance testing for your organizations' needs
- Successful case studies from public and private sector organizations
- Brenda Platt, SBC (www.sustainablebiomaterials.org)
- Alicia Culver, RPN (www.responsiblepurchasing.org)
- Susan Kinsella, Conservatree (www.conservatree.org) and RPN
RPN and SBC are looking for partners to pilot test its new BioSpecs for Purchasers. For more information, please email RPN.
RPN Members can watch or download the presentation slides and recording.
RPN Members: Watch Online or Download Slides/Video