The Purchasing for Climate Protection Resources Factsheet will be available shortly
Procurement practices often have global implications. Nowhere is this clearer than in measuring and reducing the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions associated with the products we buy.
Alicia Culver, RPN Director, discussed how your organization’s purchasing policy and practices can help meet your climate protection goals. Alicia also highlighted key product categories that can substantially reduce energy and GHG emissions while also saving money.
Dare Wenzler, Director of Business Development at Carbonfund.org, described their new CarbonFree eco-label, which is the first certification for carbon-neutral products in the United States. Carbonfund.org provides carbon offsets to individuals, businesses and organizations to reduce and offset their climate impact.
This webinar recording will help purchasing agents and policy-makers who are seeking to reduce their organization’s carbon footprint as well as their budget.
The Webinar covered:
- Steps to meeting organizational climate protection goals through adoption of purchasing policies, and product categories that will help you get there faster.
- How the new CarbonFree eco-label was developed and how it can be referred to when purchasing products for government agencies and businesses.
- Alicia Culver, Responsible Purchasing Network
- Dare Wenzler, Carbonfund.org
- Phillip Kobernick, Responsible Purchasing Network (moderator)
RPN Members can download the presentation slides and recording here.